11 June 2008

Hit Me Again

Dear Jack,

So once again I have been bit with the blogging bug insisting that I should write about life and get some thoughts out of my head. I honestly wish it were as simple as Harry Potter, where I could take them out in strands and let them rest in a pool of memories. Instead i tend to let them overpower my dreams and cause me to have broken sleeps as nostalgia and reliving the memories haunt me.

Since writing last, a lot has happened. I worked for Episcopal Migration Ministries through February. I had a really nasty departure from them, and can't say I am completely over how I was treated. I will not take time to discuss the issues, but let's just say that when the job ended, I did not feel bad for it ending, only in that my Supervisor had won against me.

Regardless, I am in a much better healthier place to work. I work for a law firm and a connected ESL school (Hello World). Additionally, I am volunteering on a political campaign for my boss (Yetta Kurland 2009). M3ch12l and I are still together, and still living in Astoria. Not much has changed there except that we are busy with a lot of organizations (QLGPC, IntegrityNYC, St. Bart's Church, St. Bart's LGBTQ Fellowship, OUTAstoria, and I'm sure I left one out).

Our parents are all doing well, and life, for the most part, is very good.

That's about all for now. If all goes well, I'll blog much more often.

No comments: