Dear Jack,
[transcribed from handwritten journal. links have been added for enhancement.]
I went to church as usual. I was already packed. During the service we sang the Naval Hymn. The last time I remember hearing that song was in Titanic...and of course the line "perils of the sea" was foreshadowing the end of the ship.In the modern version of this song, it has also perils of the air. I felt... wonderful.
At 2pm Joy and Wanda showed up, so we left for the airport. Wanda was being really protective. We got there around 2:40. No one else showed up until 3pm. We checked in and headed for E3 Gate. Our flight was flight 38 Delta. I switched to air miles to my name. We boarded at 5:05. I sat in seat 38D. Joy sat in 35D, so we switched her to seat 38C. It took a while to get off, but we did so around 5:58. We had a choice of steak or chicken for dinner. I chose the steak. it was surprisingly tender. Joy had chicken and spilled bits of rice on herself. The movies were At First Sight and Message in a Bottle. They were both sappy and boring. Two Dutch/Chinese people sat in front of us. The woman had trouble walking. Behind us sat a Dutch family with a young girl. I sat next to Joy and an American college guy who didn't talk much. We were in the middle. The stewardesses' sleeping seat was next to the college guy, and a short girl with wavy black hair sat on the other side. Joy and I tried to sleep, but neither of us could due to the movies playing.
[transcribed from handwritten journal. links have been added for enhancement.]
I went to church as usual. I was already packed. During the service we sang the Naval Hymn. The last time I remember hearing that song was in Titanic...and of course the line "perils of the sea" was foreshadowing the end of the ship.In the modern version of this song, it has also perils of the air. I felt... wonderful.
At 2pm Joy and Wanda showed up, so we left for the airport. Wanda was being really protective. We got there around 2:40. No one else showed up until 3pm. We checked in and headed for E3 Gate. Our flight was flight 38 Delta. I switched to air miles to my name. We boarded at 5:05. I sat in seat 38D. Joy sat in 35D, so we switched her to seat 38C. It took a while to get off, but we did so around 5:58. We had a choice of steak or chicken for dinner. I chose the steak. it was surprisingly tender. Joy had chicken and spilled bits of rice on herself. The movies were At First Sight and Message in a Bottle. They were both sappy and boring. Two Dutch/Chinese people sat in front of us. The woman had trouble walking. Behind us sat a Dutch family with a young girl. I sat next to Joy and an American college guy who didn't talk much. We were in the middle. The stewardesses' sleeping seat was next to the college guy, and a short girl with wavy black hair sat on the other side. Joy and I tried to sleep, but neither of us could due to the movies playing.



No comments:
Post a Comment