14 September 2003

Boots :-(

Dear Jack,

Well I just got a note from Mom and Dad saying that they had to euthanise Boots this morning. The idea hasn’t exactly set in yet. I guess not having Boots with me here has sort of deadened me to feeling what I would feel if I was in Georgia.

Dani became a US citizen on Thursday. That was cool. She’s very proud of it. She’s throwing us a party to celebrate her new citizenship tonight. I’m a little anxious as there are going to be a lot of people there and Kevin is bringing alcohol. Kevin and I aren’t getting along greatly. He annoys the hell out of me for the most part, and I am sure I do the same for him. I almost want to just cut ties with the dude as a friend. I don’t trust him for the most part, and I find him almost disgusting in another part. He has become rather uncouth and talks about big-titted women a lot. With his behavior on other nights when he drinks, I just don’t feel comfortable around him. He feels he should drink most of the time, and that makes me uncomfortable also. Anytime we go to eat anywhere he has to have alcohol and even at this party for Dani, well he wants to bring some beer. I miss the days when people could have fun without alcohol.

All in all, today I don’t feel too chipper. I don’t know if it’s a combination of things, but it probably comes from Boots being gone. I know I’ll miss him. He was the most loving cat I’ve ever had.

No comments: