Dear Jack,
Another week is ending and not much has really gone on. This week has been pretty low-key which has been a nice rest. Yesterday one of my co-workers took a personal day, and I was proud to show that I could help fill in. Last night, Michael and I met up with one of our friends at The Cup diner, and have tentative plans with her and her girlfriend tomorrow night in the East Village. We are also looking at meeting up with Elyse on Saturday. I think this weekend will be fun.
On the works for the weekend are watching Capote and Bollywood. Michael doesn't seem to care too much about the first, but I think it is great. Of course I have always been a fan of Truman Capote since I read In Cold Blood which the movie closely follows the formation of. My favorite Capote piece, however, is A Christmas Memory, which I will always remember Mr. Smith reading to us during our final exam in AP English in 11th grade. Little did I realized how much Mr. Sm3th and Truman Capote sound alike.
This all got me thinking about literature--well really hanging out with Elyse last week got me thinking about literature. There is so much that I have not read, and should try and find time to read. I actually have a great deal of books to read, and should have enough time to do the reading. It is sad to say that the last book I read was The Da Vinci Code, as it is so cliche and, although controversial, upon knowing reality, is stupid. At least, my last book read isn't a Mozart biography...I need not mention names... or one of the Harry Potter books.
Another week is ending and not much has really gone on. This week has been pretty low-key which has been a nice rest. Yesterday one of my co-workers took a personal day, and I was proud to show that I could help fill in. Last night, Michael and I met up with one of our friends at The Cup diner, and have tentative plans with her and her girlfriend tomorrow night in the East Village. We are also looking at meeting up with Elyse on Saturday. I think this weekend will be fun.
On the works for the weekend are watching Capote and Bollywood. Michael doesn't seem to care too much about the first, but I think it is great. Of course I have always been a fan of Truman Capote since I read In Cold Blood which the movie closely follows the formation of. My favorite Capote piece, however, is A Christmas Memory, which I will always remember Mr. Smith reading to us during our final exam in AP English in 11th grade. Little did I realized how much Mr. Sm3th and Truman Capote sound alike.
This all got me thinking about literature--well really hanging out with Elyse last week got me thinking about literature. There is so much that I have not read, and should try and find time to read. I actually have a great deal of books to read, and should have enough time to do the reading. It is sad to say that the last book I read was The Da Vinci Code, as it is so cliche and, although controversial, upon knowing reality, is stupid. At least, my last book read isn't a Mozart biography...I need not mention names... or one of the Harry Potter books.



No comments:
Post a Comment