04 April 2006

Hopeful Job, New Bladder

Dear Jack,

Well tax money has arrived in my account, and I am happy. This means I will be able to attend the memorial service for my grandfather. More good news includes a conversation with my bosses today at work. On their way to a meeting, they asked me if I was looking for a permanent job. I answered yes. They replied... good, we'll be sure to talk about that at the meeting. I am not sure if that means a job here at the bank, but it sure smells like it.

As I'm typing this, I am watching the news. It looks like doctors have successfully re-created working human bladders. The bladders were actually created from cells several years ago, and were kept on the DL until they knew that the organs were working normally. They say that they are also looking at cardiac muscles, livers, and lungs. If this is a successful adventure, it looks like most problems of health may be fixable by popping out the old organ and popping in a new one with the same DNA (thus reducing the risk of rejection). Woot. The cynical side of me hopes that it would be available for more than just the rich, but I doubt it.

No comments: