12 November 2008

Health System

Dear Jack,

I am on day 5 of a lingering migraine headache. I have no insurance yet, as it will not be active till December, and so I sit in pain. I headed to the clinic down the street where I've been able to get looked at fairly cheap, despite no insurance, but today it is not going to happen. They are booked till next week with insurance paying patients, and the lobby is full of people who probably are in the same boat as me or worse.

I am hopeful that President Obama will be able to effectually fix the health care problem and provide us with a plan that allows all citizens with basic health coverage, and all children, regardless of immigration status, coverage. I can somewhat understand people's fears that this will be similar to socialism, but I have to point to the non-socialist countries in Europe where there is health care.

Children, at least, who have no ability to choose their immigration status, their financial status, or get their own health insurance, should be taken care of PERIOD.

No comments: