03 June 1999

Bonn and Köln

Dear Jack,

[Transcribed from handwritten journal. Links added to enhance.]

Today Heiko and Jewe took JP and me to Bonn and Köln. In Bonn we visited a history museum. It was rather un-interesting, but we had fun anyways. We rode a train to Köln from Bonn. In Köln we ate lunch and walked through the Dom. I can hardly believe the height of the Bell Towers. They stab the sky like two steep mountains.

Today was Corpus Christi and so a lot of people were there, and it was decorated. No shops were open... and of course there was no school. After touring the Cathedral, we waited for Jewe's father to pick us up. We talked while we waited. The ride from Köln to Aachen was short for there are no speed limits on the Autobahn.

When we got home Ute made pizza-pasta. It was fairly good. It was like penne pasta with pesto sauce and mozzarella. I read Ute and Heiko the story "Love You Forever". I think they liked it.

No comments: