01 March 2006

Disolving Diocesan Bonds

Dear Jack,

Well it looks like it is nearing the time where it will be necessary for me to disolve my bonds to the Diocese of Atlanta. It looks like the process is at an end with the possible chance that I may be allowed to return to Atlanta for further discernment. Since I cannot go to Atlanta, I will probably be let go from the process and allowed to pursue it up here, where I can start from scratch in the discernment process.

It seems like a pitty that a professor or two and some caniving students (now priests) could lead me to such reversal in my process. Ironically, I feel glad to start over up here, and look forward to the process--not so much to see if I feel called but to re-validate a calling I have felt all along.

It is Ash Wednesday, and now begins Lent. My prayers are to find some way to accept he situation without any bitterness towards those that prompted it. Indeed not the Bishop, for I hold nothing against him except a dormancy in communication--he is making what he can out of a situation that has been handed to him--more the students and professors involved, who I hope had no idea of the consequences to me.

This is no end, this is only the beginning of a new chapter. And I still have high hopes.

No comments: