12 January 2009

27 = Not Old Yet

Dear Jack,

So today is my birthday. It doesn't feel like anything has really happened...I'm still the same person with the same hopes and worries, joys and sorrows. What I have notice about this year, is that I have seen an outpouring of well-wishes from friends. I have counted 85 different "Happy Birthday" messages. I must say I'm shocked. I guess that's the way things are in this easy-to-use informational age.

My condolences to my friend who has lost one of his family members. They are in my prayers.

Additionally, I must report the death of my cousin Bernetta Beyer, also known as Sister Mary Clarence, formerly of Los Angeles CA. She was 94 and died of Stomach Cancer. I have met her only a few times, and I was in my teens. I always heard good things of her, and remember getting her Christmas Cards. I believe she was the new matriarch of the family after the passing of my Aunt Collette last year. I'll have to calculate who the new matriarch is. It is difficult because that side just lives and lives and lives. I hope I got those genes... plus they ALWAYS look like they are in their 70s when they hit 90!

Life goes on, and I continue my journey.

No comments: