24 January 2005

End.

Dear Jack

A friend of mine has notified me they can no longer be my friend due to the wishes of their parents. The reason being I am gay and I was finding the person charming. In addition, I am aware that this weblog is viewed by the same family. I am not sure I understand it all. But it is something I am used to, and I can live with that.

I do want to reiterate that my dealings with this friend have been upstanding and rooted in the discussion of God and of music. Among friends in New York City, it is hard to find those who are Christian and willing to accept a gay man's spiritual journey as just that... a spiritual journey. I myself share a different view of Christianity than you do, yet I am more than certain we agree on one thing--Christ came to save sinners.

I am an Episcopalian and it is not a common phrase for us to say "born again" or that we are "saved". Yet I am a former Southern Baptist, and I do know what is meant by those, and am BOTH. I acknowledge Christ as my personal Savior, that he is God, and that he came and died for our sins, and physically rose again from the dead, destroying death, and ascended into heaven. Indeed I believe Christ to reside in my heart, and I pray to God and walk with Christ daily in my journey.

I hold no ill feelings towards anyone in this. I understand your motives, and ask that you pray for me, that God will work God's will in my life. I will continue to thank God for having had the friendship with your son/brother. And I will pray that you will one day God will reveal to you that I am a Christian despite my sexuality.

Until then, feel free to read my journal if you want. It is directed towards all of my friends. It is open for all to read, for I've nothing to hide. I feel that hiding things from people often adds to an idea of scandal. I am not a person of scandals.

To all other readers, walk in love.

No comments: