26 July 2008

Jackson Heights

Dear Jack,

Had a marvelous evening tonight. Mike and I joined the OUT Jackson Heights crew for dinner at La Paquena on Roosevelt. Met two newcomers Lewis and Ali. They were very friendly. Ali had just moved here from DC. Afterward, we all went to the new gay bar across from where Lydia's used to be. I don't recall the name, but it is "memories" in Spanish or something like that. People told me it was going to be a dump, but in all honesty I found that I liked it best. It has the most room to move by far, and I had Mike get me a Shirley Temple and they gave me a handful of cherries. And since I love cherries, it won me over.

Later that night we stopped by our friend John's place for a visit. He has a gorgeous place and is quite the host. Martha Stewart would be proud.

We just got home, and am now headed home.

No comments: