28 July 2008

Proud of our Female Bishops


Dear Jack,

Well we visited St. Luke's again. It was really nice. A lot of the issues that Michael and I find important they find important... like Jesus Christ and the Trinity. It is such a relief to realize we have possibly found a real place to call home.

I thought I'd post a picture of the pride of the Anglican Communion, or what should be the pride of the Anglican Communion. It's a shame it's only the current bishops, and not the retired ones too. That would be a sweet picture.

It reminds me of the poster of all the Black bishops, and there have been a lot more of them in The Episcopal Church then all the female bishops in the communion.

Last night I had a sleepless night. I had all kinds of anxious thoughts going through my head. I really couldn't get some of the thoughts out of my head. I thought about how things could have been different in College with Daniel W. and Dr. Stokes, and about how I could have done things differently at General and fought to stay better, and I thought about what I could have done to hinder Svetlana. I thought about my current situation and how I am underpaid. All in all it was not a great night sleeping.

I am so glad that today went well. Fr. Hugh's sermon on Roman's was very appropriate for my thoughts. I felt God saying that I was in the right place and to not worry.

No comments: