Today I am in my head. I'm not sure why. As I came to work I was contemplative...almost too contemplative. I wish I could better put into words my thoughts, but when I try to, they sound so cliche and unmoving. I want to be profound and I am not.
There was a homeless man on the train the other day. He would say stuff like.
"I never met a woman who was not a spy. SECRET AGENT MAN!!!"
"Don't trust computers, the government spies with them. They say, put your information in a computer, well the government uses that information."
"Don't walk in daylight, because the satellites can see you. The government loves to see where you are." Stay away from bridges and tunnels too... they can be dangerous."
After a while the guy repeated himself. What was strange wasn't what he was saying. He reminded me of a professor almost, very well spoken. Had he not been homeless, his eccentricities would afford him to be a writer.
I wonder if I could have ended that way...spouting off nonsense that has just a little bit of truth to it.
There was a homeless man on the train the other day. He would say stuff like.
"I never met a woman who was not a spy. SECRET AGENT MAN!!!"
"Don't trust computers, the government spies with them. They say, put your information in a computer, well the government uses that information."
"Don't walk in daylight, because the satellites can see you. The government loves to see where you are." Stay away from bridges and tunnels too... they can be dangerous."
After a while the guy repeated himself. What was strange wasn't what he was saying. He reminded me of a professor almost, very well spoken. Had he not been homeless, his eccentricities would afford him to be a writer.
I wonder if I could have ended that way...spouting off nonsense that has just a little bit of truth to it.



No comments:
Post a Comment