25 August 2008

The Pines

Dear Jack,

This weekend Michael and I traveled to the Pines with Yetta for a campaign fundraiser.

The trip was interesting. I traveled up on Friday with Yetta, John, David, and Emily. Yetta was in a yellow Corvette, and we were in a Jetta. Yes a Jetta following Yetta. We stayed at Hotel Ciel, which wasn't as bad as the reviews seemed to say. The first night was mostly uneventful. John and I walked on the beach a while. I shared a bed with Yetta, and slept well for the most part.

The next day we went to the beach, and despite putting on Bert's Bees Sunscreen, am now sunburned.John  lost his glasses in the ocean...some lucky Mexican will have some Prada's wash up soon. After that we met Phyllis and traveled to the home of a friend of Yetta's named Dennis. We hung out there and played in the pool. The ladies departed for various events, and us boys went to change to do the Low Tea. Michael arrived around 6:40 with Chef Josie.John , Michael, and I went to dinner at Bay Bar and then walked with David and Chef Josie through the Meat Rack to Cherry Grove.  This was at night... Josie with a flashlight, the rest of us behind, and me leading a blind John.

I liked Cherry Grove in some ways better than the Pines...only in that it was more small townish... but some of the lesbians there were brutal, and I saw four fights break out there. Michael and David ended up at Ice Palace and J4hn and I had ice cream before joining them there. Josie joined the other lesbians from our crew and they all disappeared.

Later that night us Boys marched back to the Pines along the beach. I have the blisters to prove it. When we finally got back to the room, we ran into the lesbians. They decided to go skinny-dipping in the ocean. Michael nearly went--as in he wanted to go, and left to join them, but couldn't find his way to the beach. I went to find him to help him, and I ran into an orgy. It was the first time I saw one in real life. I wasn't expecting it to say the least, although in reality I wasn't SHOCKED--I mean it was Fire Island Pines.

I slept very little that night because of the sunburn and sore legs from the walk. Michael was out like a light. The next day was the event. It went pretty well...the food being one of the better things.

I was exhausted when I got home with Michael...and in pain. I took a Tylenol PM to get to sleep and to ease the pains in my legs.

REGARDLESS, I HAD FUN! :-) Mind you, I think I may have to lay off being around gay men for a while....

No comments: