Tonight I went to the PFLAG NYC 35th Anniversary Awards Dinner. It was held in Tribeca at the Tribeca Rooftop. I found it a little posh, but the food was good, and I didn't buy the ticket, so who am I to complain.
I think PFLAG is a very important organization, and my thoughts were only confirmed tonight as we heard speakers sharing their experiences and how PFLAG has been helpful in reuniting families. The most remarkable involved a mother of a child who came out as transgendered at the age of five. I do not know how I would have reacted as a parent, and I'm fairly liberal. Mind you I could not envision coming out at 5 either. Either way it must have been tough.
Anyways, I'm home now chatting with Alia on G-Chat, and will probably head to bed. It was a good event. Contgrats to Dirk and the rest of the honorees.
I think PFLAG is a very important organization, and my thoughts were only confirmed tonight as we heard speakers sharing their experiences and how PFLAG has been helpful in reuniting families. The most remarkable involved a mother of a child who came out as transgendered at the age of five. I do not know how I would have reacted as a parent, and I'm fairly liberal. Mind you I could not envision coming out at 5 either. Either way it must have been tough.
Anyways, I'm home now chatting with Alia on G-Chat, and will probably head to bed. It was a good event. Contgrats to Dirk and the rest of the honorees.



No comments:
Post a Comment