06 May 2009

Leaving Chase

Dear Jack,

I am fed up with Chase. I signed in my online account and saw that I was going to be overdrawn when some items posted. I immediately transferred funds from my other account (at Chase too). Imagine my shock when the pending items posted, but my in-house transfer didn't for another day. This caused overdraft fees. Before the fees I had 189 bucks in the account. With the fees I ended up over drafting again JUST on the fees. The fees add to the fees that the fees caused despite the transfer.

I called the bank to see what I can do, and I was told, nothing. They can put in a request to waive 1 fee, but that's not guaranteed. I told them that it makes no sense that an in-house transfer gets posted a day later, and that I'd like some resolution.

They told me that I can close my account if I am upset with the customer service. "People close their accounts every day", I was told.

Well, if that's the case, then I will make mine be a statistic. Any suggestions on a new bank? TD? Capital One?

No comments: