03 March 2004

Locked Out

Dear Jack,
Yesterday I got up after my Christian Doctrine Test. I learned that if I skip this test, the next test will serve as the grade for this and that test. Since I had to study also for World Civ... this seemed like an easier option. I took the World Civ test, but am not sure how I did. I had studied, but I'm sure that there are many things that I could have missed. After that I ate lunch with the music ladies. Then Dani and I went to Harper Center for Form and Analysis. We were meeting there to go over the exhibits in the gallery. I wasn't too impressed with them, and thought it seemed like a bit of a waste of time to discuss them for an hour. I did see Tyler, Karen, and Justin there, although none waved back. I learned later that Tyler didn't see me wave, so the others probably didn't either.

After class I went back to my room and worked some on my website. It has become an addiction. Although I think it is helpful with organizing my thoughts on various things. Around 3, Mr. Bolden called and asked if I could come in at that time for a make up lesson, so I headed down to Belk.

I had my best lesson with Mr. Bolden. He said he would have given me stars had he some to give. It really felt good to be so affirmed. I will be performing April 4th most likely. I think I will be doing two pieces. I hope some friends come, but since it's not a big recital, who knows.

I had choirs after that, and then went to dinner and met the gang. Dinner was decent, and conversation was interresting, although I was waiting for Essie and Melissa to kill William B., for he said he has become comfortable with women, so now he can hit them. Not a prudent thing to say.

After dinner I returned to the room and chatted online with some folks. Then I went to the Westminster Fellowship meeting. It wasn't too bad, but both Caleb and I found ourselves dozing off in the middle of it.

From there I rode with Caleb back to the Dorm, as I learned that they have started locking our door, and with my ID card broken, I can't open it. Thus I could not visit as I had hoped... maybe tonight. Back in the dorm I mistook Emily E. for Emily D. online, and chatted with Bryan for a good while. He's a good egg, and was a good person to chat with. I went to bed around 1:30ish, but am finding that I cannot sleep. I am not sure what the problem is, but it is becoming a habbit to lay till at least after 3AM.

I woke up this morning feeling achey. I took a lukewarm shower, as all the heat seems to have been spent on the rest of the building. Then I ate lunch with Audra and Caleb. Yes... what a mundane life I lead... ::rolls eyes:: ::wishes something exciting would hapen:: ::wishes he could meet some exciting new person to take him away from here::

Alas... had choir, and am now wasting time till Music History.

No comments: