23 November 2004

Can't Sleep

Dear Jack

It is 5 AM on Tuesday 23 of November and I can't sleep. Over the weekend and yesterday I had some migraines. I am blaming them on Dad and the stress I'm under with him.

Friday I went to dinner with Matthew G., Stephen S., and Rob S. at a horrid pizza hole called Hot Spot. I was less than impressed. Then Matthew and I went to see what was playing at the local cinemas, but neither went to watch a movie. I spent the night in my room relaxing.

On Saturday I met Brendan for the first time. We were intending on going ice skating. Unfortunately it was raining pretty heavily and around 40 degrees, so it was not a good idea. Instead we met up for coffee at the Big Cup. We talked for a good long time about all kinds of stuff. I will say he is a cute guy with nice blue eyes. He has become more and more intriguing, as I've learned of his many interests which include hockey, soccer, stained glass, crocheting, Jagermeister, languages (he knows several), microbiology, and vocal performance. I feel so dumb around him LOL. On top of it all he is a very sensitive and manly guy, despite the cat ears winter hat he wore. (I thought it was cute, he thought it was gay) LOL.

After meeting Brendan, I went with Shai and Shalom (that's SHA-lom) to a thing called Date Bait. I did not expect to get much out of it, and guess what, I didn't. Not a single damned match. Shai got one, and Shalom took tons. Then after some deliberation we went to Daioh for sushi. After that I met up with Andrew, Marcus, Adam, and Andrew's friend Gregg. We went to a place called Boy's Room. It was a crappy place...extremely extremely hot and humid inside, and crowded. I recognized a guy named Andres from Date Bait there. There were strippers doing pole dances on the bars... very sketch. We did not stay long, despite we paid $15 each to get in. There is no website for it...proves it's crud.

The next place we went to was called Spalsh. It was a little bit more ritzy, but still was pretty much the same thing as Boy's Room... just a cleaner setting, cooler setting, and a larger venue. I will say that I did not completely dislike the models strutting there stuff, I am not sure I would want to go back to it. Maybe I'd go with guests to "shock" them into the gay life of NYC. But that would be about it. I left and came home around 1 AM. I talked online with Josh and Brendan.

The next day, Sunday, migraine two hit. BLARG!!! I had gotten up and showered for church, and wham. It was gone by 6 that night. At 10 I decided to go to Shalom's birthday party. I wasn't sure I was going to go because of how I felt, but since I had said I was going, I figured I should. On my way there, I ran into Andrew and Gregg... small gay world so to speak. Shalom held his party at Avalon. Avalon is an old church that was converted into a club in the seventies or something like that, called Limelight. I heard some tale that the original owner chopped up visitors, but it could just be an urban legend. Well my trip to Avalon was unique. In the main dance area (the former Nave), we looked into a secluded, guarded area, and saw Madonna. The Madonna. I would have to say this is my first big-time celebrity to see in person. I know there are probably tons of people who would have flipped out, but I was like "eh, who cares." LOL. Avalon was huge, and filled with too many people. I found myself loafing around Marcus and Andrew, not bad, but I still felt like a loafer. I went home around 1:45 and chatted with Brendan and Josh online (again).

Enter Migraine Three. Having not drank anything, you would think I would not wake up with a headache...ah but that is where you'd be wrong. This was the worst of the three, and hopefully the last of the three. Since it is nearly 5:30 now, and I feel fine, I assume as much.

Having done nothing all day, not eat, not drink, not sleep, not defecate... I joined Rick T. for dinner around 7:30 PM. I ate some soup and then met up with Shai, Shalom and Jason around 9. Then I felt more hungry and had a petite Sirloin at Uno. Then we went to Polar Express (which I had already seen). Then I came back home and, you guessed it, talked with Josh and Brendan online... this time you can add Shai, and Jason too. Brendan was crocheting stockings for Christmas. So domesticated, yet so manly. Josh is coming in tomorrow from New Hampshire which also adds to my light mood.

In addition to this, I am feeling good emotionally... like happy happy... I hope it lasts.

Tomorrow I should also begin moving to my new room... so who knows what will happen with the internet until I get it figured out with Time Warner or Verizon. I hope to be in full operation by the end of the week...who knows for sure though.

It is now nearly 6AM, and I still can't sleep... I get up in an hour LOL to shower before Morning Prayer.

Oh, in addition to all the migraines and partying and paper writing, I read The DaVinci Code. I will be posting on that later.

No comments: