12 November 2004

Disclaimer

Dear Jack,

This blog is my opinion, and it is only my opinion. I know it has upset other people already, and apologize for causing any upset reactions. I do not intend to censor what I say, but I will be clear that it is not directed toward anyone or any parish. I speak from my mind without any authority to speak or teach. But regardless I do speak, and I am open to discussing anything I write with anyone, whether you agree or disagree with my opinion.

I will be frank and say that many would call me liberal. I do not believe in labeling people. But there are many more labels I'm certain could be applied to me and my friends.

Think about all the labels given to people everywhere. Many, if not based on stereotypes, have connotations which are stereotypical.

I do not believe in labeling and I do not believe in censoring unless I am censoring myself. I have been raised willing to speak my voice, and I intend to do this. Let all people willingly speak their voices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(January 9, 2005 11:26 AM - Transcribed from Old Blog)

Every noun is a label. Are you suggesting we try communicating without nouns?

Or do we just want to use labels that some would wouldn't find offensive?

Well, I find almost everything that liberals say offensive. But I protect the right to say it. - With my life.

So is it just that we want to stop the use of labels that Liberals find offensive?

Ah, yes. Suppressing free speech through political correctness. Refuse to make judgments about the virtue of one behavior and another. Moral Relativism.

Are you sure you're in the right line of work? I heard God was into that whole right/wrong thing.

According to the NT, Christ forgave repentant sinners, he did not ignore or validate their misdeeds through expressions of tolerance. He said, go and sin no more. He loved the person, but was absolutely intolerant of the behavior.

And I know he used both positive and negative labels in his parables.

CJJD said...

Personal censorship and personal desire not to rely on stereotypes is reliant upon self-reflection, a very Anglican theological tenant (though not solely so). I do believe I am seeking the right calling.