06 September 2008

Vegas or Bust

Dear Jack,

Last week Michael and I traveled to Vegas with some friends. We left on Thursday early in the morning. We arrived first and checked in. Later that day Dirk, Joe, Stan, Lance, Matt C., Matt B., Bob, and Grant joined us. We stayed at the Luxor, overlooking the Sphinx.

We ate at several places including a bad Chinese buffet, several Mexican restaurants, and some other decent buffets.

Michael and I did little gambling, although under the influence of Stan, were able to make 200 bucks.

My dad and uncle also came to Vegas, but only coincidentally. We met up with them one night and hung out the next day. They took us to the old part of Vegas.

We visited a time-share promotion and got $100 for viewing it.

We got to know Stan, Lance, and Matt B. pretty well, and I'm glad for it. All in all this was a very good trip. Still I do not think that Vegas is the best place for me.

What really bothered me about Vegas was how straight it was. There was tons of boobs everywhere, and very little of anything suggesting that there are gay people, except for one gay hooker card...apparently the only gay hooker in Vegas. Matt B. made a collection of all the cards. LOL.

On Monday we celebrated Dirk's birthday at Isola at Treasure Island. It was a lot of fun. We left on Tuesday afternoon and came back to New York by midnight. I was upset that US Airways does not stock enough food for people to eat on their flights.

No comments: