11 December 2003

Of all the Kitchens in all the Colleges in the world...

Dear Jack,
So I decided to volunteer with SGA and make a marinara sauce for the GDH appreciation day. I bought the stuff, and was cooking it yesterday in CIH with Mike Wright and Freddy Rivera. Mike is a hottie soccer player who is the SGA president. He was wearing his short soccer shorts and a short t-shirt. I was stiring the sauce, and thinking about the good old times of last year in CIH. I turn around and about fainted.

In the kitchen door walks Daniel Patrick Wetherell. Takes off his sunglasses, and says, "hi." I nearly drop my spoon. He says he came up to hear Grace sing. I was rather surprised, as no one had told me. We pointed him in the direction of Grace's room. Mike asks, "Chap, what's wrong?" And I said, "It's Daniel... my ex." "Oh. Oh (more surprised), OH (undertanding)"

I run into the lobby, and see Audra, and ask here what the deal is. She says she knew he was coming, but didn't know if he wanted me to know. She then gave me a hug. "It's pretty hard to see the ex after a while isn't it?" I agreed. I finished the sauce and headed to my 1:30 class. I came back to CIH to see how the dinner was going at 3. I ran into Daniel sitting out on the bench. He said, "you heading back in?" I said yeah, and he asked if I would wait for him. We exchanged casualties. He lookded distressed. He asked where "QAF" boy is. I didnt' know what he meant by that inquriy other than he meant Justin. I told him he was sick up in my room resting. He then asked where Caleb was. I called Caleb and found out he was up in the room too. So Daniel came with me over to see Caleb and meet Justin.

Justin watched us walk over through the window, appearantly, and got a little nervous. I know his hair was messed up, and he was sick. I came in and he didn't want to meet Daniel, just sleep. So I was like... ok. And I asked if he wanted me to stay with him, and he said no. So I went out to see Daniel and Caleb. In less than five minutes, Justin showed up in the hall wearing a hoddie, and headed for the door. He felt he needed to leave. I felt rather strange.

Well Daniel stayed and went to dinner with Caleb, Audra, Grace, and I at Zorba's. I had a less than perfect steack. But everyone else had a good meal. It was very enjoyable. Grace headed back for a Sigma meeting, and Daniel, Caleb, and I went to Ingles after dropping of Audra. I bought Justin a get well present, and we headed back to the room.

At 6:45, I rode with Daniel up to Edmunds...as I had to go to the recital, and Grace was goign to meet us there. Grace was supposed to sing in it, but wasn't. We never knew why... as that was the reason Daniel came up. She didn't sit with us though. It was sort of strange. After the recital, she just left us, so he and I went back to the apartment. He hung out and Anna came over, and then Justin. At around 11 we decided to round up a Waffle House party.

Anna, Justin, Daniel, Wylie, Grace, and I went to WaHo. Mid-way through the meal, Daniel started acting funny. I noticed, but figured "hey, he's not my bf, anymore, not my worry." Justin inquired several times to him. When we left, I tried to make it easy for Daniel and Grace to talk, so I got Wylie to ride with us. We dropped off Wylie, and some how upset Anna, so she came up to the room with us.

I was shocked to find that Daniel was in my room instead of visiting with Grace. I went to the bathroom, Justin changed clothes, and Anna went in to visit Caleb. I went to the front room too, and noticed that Daniel and Justin were in my room talking. My anxiety shot through the roof.

I contemptlated going in or not. And Eventually Anna and I went in. They were talking about the reason Daniel came up, and the way he felt about Grace, and how things were not going as he had planned with her, and how things seemed very awkward. He said, "I think I'm going to just stop talking to her so I can get over her."

After a long discussion, and finally getting Anna out (Girls add to stress in relationship talks among men). We had an all out discussion about the situation. I told him that he can't just write off Grace. If he likes her and loves her, even if she doesn't love him the same way, he owes it to her to be his friend. Justin agreed.

Throughout the night, Daniel opened up more and more... and before long, I learned that Justin and Daniel were like one in the same in way too many ways. The level of their similarities skyrocketed and they said that I had a type of man I like.

No comments: