Dear Jack,
Yesterday Justin came by and cheered me up. I love him. He is the coolest. Ok. So something else happened last night. Anna and Justin were invited by me to eat some Ramen in my appartment (doctored up of couse), and watch Family Guy. Well we watched it, and Anna began to start cleaning the dishes. She wanted to of her own volition, and asked and all. Someone says, "let me clean" and I'm am like... go for it. Well Caleb came out after they left and had a joyful surprise that the dishes were washed. He and I then had a good old conversation about life and stuff in general.
Well this morning I got up for class, and was waiting on Caleb to leave, and James approached me. He said it was rude of Anna to start washing our dishes. I was deadpan dumbfounded. The mess was his mess from before Thanksgiving. I, hearing a James-Lecture about to sprout forth, said, "I don't have time to deal with you right now." Caleb added, "Yeah we have to get to class." On the way to class, Caleb admitted complete shock at James' reaction. He, like myself was like "cool the dishes are done, thanks Anna". He did no see what James' problem was. I went to class, and then came to the apartment. Caleb and I made Kevin aware of the situation. He was like, "I was happy as hell when the dishes were done. What's James' problem?" Well James walks in and starts trying to reiterate to me how Anna was rude to clean our mess. I said something snooty like, "Well I won't let her do it again, and went into my room and closed the door." He then preceeded to try and convince Kevin and Caleb... both of which were not following his logic. I called Caleb and asked if he wanted to do lunch, and he and Kevin and I did. At lunch I appologized for slamming the door. I didn't mean to do it when I shut the door... it just swang to easily. They are dumbfounded as to what James' problem is. Frankly I don't give a shit anymore. If this is what he wants to bitch and moan about go for it. I will make sure my friends don't try and clean our appartment anymore. I think they will not have a problem with that. Caleb and Kevin said they can, and they'll just keep James tied up in the back.
I have too much other stuff to deal with to worry about my friends cleaning habbits effecting my less clean friends. I have my friend Aaron getting surgery today on his spine, my Dad and I not on speaking terms, Dad not wanting to do Christmas this year, my Mom starting a new psychologist, my papers, classes, exams, my responsibilities with the music at church, and my process in becoming a priest which are a hell of a lot more pressing, interresting, and important.
I would be going insaine if it were not for this journal and my cool friends... especially Justin. He may not realize how good of a friend he really is. He doesn't have to do anything, but just his presence relaxes me, and makes me feel like all will not be as bad as my anxiety would like to make it.
God is really working in my life right now, and I see Him present among my friends, supporting each other.
I would like to rant shortly on the untimely arrival of the civil religion's adaptation of Christmas. It seems that appearently Advent, along with Thanksgiving, has died. This saddens me. I think that preparation for the coming of Christ into the world... be it allegorical to the birth narrative, or allegorical to a second coming is an important message that has been lost in our society of rush. I heard Christmas carols a week before Thanksgiving. Why can't we save a little Christmas till Christmas. What really saddens me is the lonely defrocked Christmas tree that will sit on the dump heap on Dec 26th. Christmas used to be a festival of 12 days. Now it's a season of 30 beginning 25th of November. I wish we could go back to the old days where we prepared for Christ's coming into the world, with prayer, and fasting, and good will towards our fellow man. And then celebrate the meaning of love incarnate on Christmas Night and Day. For 12 Days. Christmas... is 12 days long, and the ignorance of the masses comment on it being 1 day, and cHannukkah being 8 days, as Adam Sandler tends to sing. Well dumb ass... we have 12 days of Christmas. You'd think the marketers would realize this, as traditionally, a present is given on all 12 days. Seems like the economist would like that. Maybe I can convince Caleb to get the word out.
04 December 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment