Dear Jack,
Last night was the State of the Union, given in its usual pomp and grandeur at the Capital building. I am not certain how I feel about all of it, as there was so much to digest. The imperialism doesn't exactly bother me, although many of my democrat friends probably did not like that. I found the initiatives for the decrease in fossil fuel from the Middle East very good--I only hope it works. I am uncertain what Bush meant by 'Activist Judges' with regards to 'Deigning Marriage', as it sounds like the usual crap regarding that. I wish they'd just let us gay people be normal rather than abstract "activists".
The Democratic Response was horribly delivered. I was more distracted by the Governor's lack of cohesive sentences and oddly raised eyebrow, that I could not take any thing he said seriously. It came across as "Democrats are Good, the Administration is bad, There is a Better Way, and it is doing what we did in Virginia". I don't want our government to be Virginia. That's not saying I am happy with the way things are run, but it's still better than a commonwealth state.
I was shocked that Caleb had not watched it, but he, like myself, does not like the clapping that continuously interrupts the speech. I wish they'd save their applause to the end.



No comments:
Post a Comment