31 January 2006

End of the Month

Dear Jack,

Well it is the end of January all ready. 1/12 of the year has already past. It is moving too quickly. I still haven't heard back from Jeff C. regarding visiting Georgia with a Buddy Pass. It is sort of aggravating, as I can't plan ahead much and get Michael's ticket.

Dean will be moving here within the week. I'm excited about it, as it will be nice to have another friend nearby, especially one as friendly and funny as him. He will be coming probably on Thursday or Friday, driving. I don't envy the trip.

Father Dan is going to talk with the Bishop about finding out what all I should be doing during my time off, as I've still heard nothing from Atlanta about what my responsibilities and expectations are during my sabbatical. It would be helpful to have some idea other than "gain life experience".

Today is pretty boring--it is cold outside, but hot in here, and I am falling asleep as I work, bored out of my mind, and sick of reading checks and inputting data. I need a long weekend already again.

It is sad to note that Mrs. King died today. There is not much more to say to that, other than I hope the legacy lives on in the children.

St. Bart's has been going well. Albeit Michael and I have to get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to sing in the choir, we both enjoy it. Last week we went to a parish presentation with a guy who claimed to have found "positive" insight on his "fundamentalist" background. I was disappointed, as he didn't seem to speak anything positive, nor share a common "fundamentalist" background. In addition he kept on labeling everything, and sat there smug, as though his whole life were hurt, and as though he were an expert on all forms of fundamentalism and evangelicalism. The priest, who often comes off as very liberal to me, even said, "We Episcopalians should be careful not to wrongly and arrogantly assume that we are better or more mature because of our understanding". And with that the speaker then said just the opposite, saying that universalism is the more mature faith. It was very disappointing.

Later that day, Michael and I attended a the LGBT group (all but one were gay men...most over 35). The speaker there was Raymond Bagnuolo, who was recently ordained in the Presbyterian Church being open about his homosexuality. It was very interesting to say the least. Mike H. and Steven from Choir were also there, so it appears they too are gay. I'm guessing only our section leader isn't. LOL.

Josh N. should be in town visiting Jason N. this weekend, and we are all supposed to meet up. I look forward to friend time.

No comments: