20 July 2003

Arrived in Oxford

Dear Jack,

We arrived today in Oxford. The trip wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it as it was relaxing for the most part. I am still a little tired from the trip. We toured Oxford and got to see most of the colleges (at least the ones of importance, except Magdalene). The tour was a bit long, and the tour guide was none too friendly. Furthermore there were not many differences among the colleges that we walked about. The majority of them are set up on a quadrangle with dormitories and dining halls and chapels coming off of them. I sat in seat 29J on the flight over on British Airlines. I sat in the front on the bus from London to Oxford. William B. seems the most friendly of the crew so far. I have a feeling of anticipation and yet warning as if something ominously bad is to occur. Class begins at 9am--breakfast being at 8:15. We are not sure what breakfast will be. I hope the trip will be good.

No comments: