Dear Jack,
It is raining today. I hate the rain for it always makes me feel down. I do love the rain also, for it is always useful for contemplation. Today I spoke with Dr. Hobbie about my stresses in the past semester, and my anxiety I am felling here. He suggests that I just relax and enjoy myself here, and let the rest work itself out later. I find this hard to do, as I am not one to just forget stuff and not think about it. I must admit the Daniel situation is upsetting. I fear not getting stuff done over the summer I need to do. I want to get everything fixed and ready for the coming semester before I head up to PC. I am nervous about the discernment process and how things are going with that. I want to feel like I know where I stand, but do not know how about getting the knowledge. I want to maintain my journal and my dream journal.
So far I think I am doing pretty well. The journal itself prior to the obligatory school work, has been fairly well maintained. I want to make it a daily discipline so that when school starts, it won't be a hassle. My next big thing to do is to start some sort of daily exercising. I don't know how to start that as that is the hardest thing for me to maintain. I know slow and steady is the answer... but how slow??? how steady??? And what do I do when I feel like giving up??? I want accountability, and I had it with Daniel when we would go to work out three times a week... but now I don't have that. I do not need to feel like I must depend on someone. I want to have the tenacity to do it on my own even against my sloth-like attitude. I want to loose weight. T hat is the easiest way for me to be certain I will be healthier. Eating right isn't as big of an issue, for I don't always eat poorly. It's the sedentary lifestyle that I lead. And I will fight it. I will. And I will succeed... and if I don't.... well I won't be any worse off, will I? So na na nu bu bu to fat!!! I'm hungry... just kidding. On to Mere Christianity.
No comments:
Post a Comment