24 July 2003

Guys Night

Dear Jack,

Today was the first time we had chapel. I played the organ for it. It wasn't too poorly done, however I feel I could have done better. Class has been fairly good, and I enjoyed them both. Afterwards we toured Magdalene College where Lewis taught. Following that, we went on Addison's Walk where Lewis was finally convinced of Christianity by Tolkien and Barfield. I must say that I began to think of my own personal journey at that point. I thought about where I came from, and where it looked like I am at, and where I might be heading. Following this entry I shall right it down.


Later that night, after dinner, the guys met to have "Guys' Night" mostly in reaction to the girls night was going on. We went to the Eagle and Child. There we discussed movies. We wanted to discuss more, but did not know how to go about an intellectual conversation. From the Eagle and Child we left to look for a place where they could smoke their pipes and cigars whilst drink. We walked around town and ended up at The Bear.


We stayed out till 11, then we went into C. C. C. and decided to "crash" the girls party. At the gate to the college, I was describing a story about Kevin C. and Allen C. which included the phrase "F-cking Balls". Unknown to me, a woman from another school staying at C. C. C. overheard me and commented, "does your mother know you speak like that?" Drew replied, "Yeah, his mother taught him." We were too late to break up the party, but we did run across a few in Alyson's room. We stayed and talked till midnight.

No comments: