Dear Jack,
Reading is going well. I feared that after the previous night's mishaps, at the Castle Tavern may have had a bad reflection upon myself with the other males in our group. Until a point of clarification after dinner I had thought so for sure, as several had not spoken to me at all. During Dinner I sat near Ali. Across from them was one whom I feared was upset, or rather distraught. Rob, as he had expressed himself, was rather conservative especially if it was something that was "un-cool" such as homosexuality in America. The reason I say this is because he is, at least verbally, pro-drinking, into drunkenness, pro-pre-marital sex, & pro-pot use yet very verbally anti-gay. He, who did not accompany us to the bar, was in fact one of the more verbose against the experience, putting in cries of disgust and moans of horror at the possibility of a gay bar existing... let alone ever entering it. I had the feeling that the other males in the group felt similar (luckily I have been proven wrong).
In reading a gay magazine, Gay Times, I bought here, I learned that the National Gay Pride Festival was going to be in London on Saturday, when we go there. It said that around 60,000 people would be there. Figuring that people would not like this, I thought it best to give a warning... at least, logistically, so they could secure rooms for the night prior to arrival. Well, attempting to be funny, Rob made several anti-gay comments which were rather hateful and ignorant. I told him he was not funny and to know it off, as " I find such talk extremely offensive--- so please just can it."
Of course I felt I had over spoken my position. A group of us left to go pubbing again, and I called Drew to the back to talk with him about the previous night. Rob did not accompany us. Drew explained his reaction, as an over reaction. He apologized if it offended, and I did the same for the bar. He seemed fine about it, and said that he had been pestered by a few in the group for possibly being gay just prior to entering the bar. I knew this to be true, as Marie felt he was, and asked him directly. I do not think he is, least if he is, he hasn't expressed anything that makes me think so. explained his reaction, as an over reaction. He apologized if it offended, and I did the same for the bar. He seemed fine about it, and said that he had been pestered by a few in the group for possibly being gay just prior to entering the bar. I knew this to be true, as
We went to an outdoor pub called Checkers. Alyson D. was asked for her ID, as they thought she was under 18 (she's nearly 22). She felt insulted. Luckily most of us brought our ID's so it wasn't too bad.
Upon heading back, William B., welcomed us from his window. He came in my room for a chat. When I decided it was time to go to bed, he went to his room to discover, he had locked himself out (the doors automatically lock). Thus he slept on the floor in my room. I left the door open, so as to help keep any rumors at bay. The last time a male friend of mine slept in the same room with me, people assumed stuff was going on, and I did not want William to be a victim of that, nor did I want to go through that shit again.
No comments:
Post a Comment