Dear Jack,
Went to the houses with James S. in the old white van. Had a good time. Sean H. picked up some pork bar-b-que for us from Alpha Sig. It was swank. People were having a good time, and we had a lot of people ride with us. It dawned on me that this was my last time driving the Safety Shuttle. It won't run again this year, and now I'm gone. I co-founded this organization with Caleb our Sophomore year. It is still around, and that makes me feel good. The Safety Shuttle was around before us, but it was never an individual organization. We made it one. We made it Student Led and Student Run. I hope that lives on.
Spectrum is another thing I helped revive. The founders and co-presidents both graduated in December of the year they founded it. With them gone, and no other officers set up, the organization began to crumble. Gray B., a freshman at the time, took the initiative to hold the group together for Day of Silence. THen he left over the summer. We had no leaders, no constitution, and no organization. Luckily I helped find people who reformed Spectrum. We are now nearly sixty strong including faculty. The constitution, my main contribution in the beginning, allowed for the election of a strong group of officers for the next year. I'm pumped. I'm proud of the group.
After driving the shuttle, James and I came back here. I feel a lot more calmed down about tonight. I just wish a lot of the bitterness between friends would just leave for the last few weeks.
I had a good conversation with an acquaintance named Jeremy at USC. Actually called on the phone, which is an uncommon thing for me. He seems like a really cool dude. His voice was, dare I say it, attractive. It is nice to know there are people who still keep the faith when they are open about their sexulaity. So many tend to fall away because all they see is hatred towards them. Hatred of gays... that's the true sin of homosexuality.
Oh, looks like DW's blocked me again. LOL. Well he didnt' miss much, just a "happy birthday". Oh well. He may read this... if so, Happy Birthday (for last week).
19 April 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment