21 April 2004

WF Senior Night

Dear Jack,

Tonight was Senior Night at WF. How sad it made me feel to think the year and my college career as an Undergrduate is nearly over. In the next week, all of my classes will be over... and I'll have exams. Then... two weeks after that... I graduate, and leave PC for a long time... hopefully not forever. I want to come back sometime and visit my friends here. In a way I see our departing as the beginning of a new stage in life. My closest friends are here now... and they are so much closer than my ones at home, other than Joy. Four Years so close... so much has been shared. There are memories too numberable to list. I also recall how we all have changed. I'm glad we changed. We needed to. We grew as people, and expanded how much of our unique selves we share with everyone around... and in doing this we built trust among our closest of friends. Now that is reaching a breaking point. Our community, our body, is breaking and fragmenting. We are going to be spread all over the globe... China, New York, South Carolina, Florida, Germany, Georgia... and who knows where else the crumbs may fall. Now is the time to cherish our friends while we are here together. I'm gonna love it while it lasts.

No comments: