09 May 2004

The End of a Perfect Day

Dear Jack,
THis is it... the last time I post at PC. I am now a graduate... I have a BA in Music. I should be excited and cheering. Sadly enough, I really don't feel anything. I don't want to leave, I don't want to stay. I just want to be, yet I know I have to move out now. I have never felt so apathetic about anything as now. It's as if it's all a show, and in a few minutes the credits are going to play. My family came here to watch this, yet for some reason I had greater honor with the friends here who came back to wish me congratulations. Justin, Karen, Mark L., and even Nate Price, the hottie from my dream... yeah they all specifically came up to me and congratulated me, and hugged me. Sometimes they never know how much a hug feels. Or how just being with someone when they are confused feels. I sit here, typing this out, and I feel moved to tears, as I know nothing is ever going to be the same. It's the end.

"And the woman did eat, and her eyes were opened. Through her tears she saw the beauty all around her. It was the end of a perfect day. Nothing was different, and nothing would ever be the same. It was the end of a perfect day." Steven Schwartz.

No comments: