16 May 2004

Homeward Bound II

Dear Jack,

Today I woke up, ate lunch, and then headed over to my Aunt Sandy's house to see her and my Grandma Pease. There was very little conversation, as they were intent on watching the baseball game - Indians vs. Tampa Bay and the Indians were kicking ass. I had no problem watching the game, I just would have liked some conversation. I did get to meet my Aunt Sandy's boyfriend... I think live in. His name is Joe. He seems very hippie looking.

Around 3:30 I decided to trek back from Conneaut to Ashtabula. On TV was Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco. It wasn't that bad of a movie. We ate ribs for dinner and then my cousin Cathy came over. She brought her daughter Mia whom I've not seen in six years. Mia is working on her Masters in Ann Arbor... some field dealing with social work. Regardless it was very neat to meet them.

This evening Grandma Hohne and I got into an argument, so to say, regarding my email practices with my father. She says I should email him more, and I told her it was none of her business. Luckily we sat down and discussed things out, and all is well now.

Tomorrow I head to Mass with them at 8:30 in the freaking morning. Then I head to Holy Eucharist at Holy Cross Charismatic Episcopal Church. I am not looking forward to the second service. It is in a break-away Episcopal Church. My Grandma Pease, whom I am meeting there, has left the gold old ECUSA for it. Being Charismatic all they talk about is how wonderful the minister is. Well I am sorry, but the minister is not the reason to go to a Church. Ministers are human... they error. One should go to the church for God and how God is shared in a growing community. I know the minister has also spoken out against the atrocities of ECUSA and it's "heretical practice with God-forsaken homos". I am prompting for a scene.

No comments: