16 May 2004

Nephews are Well

Dear Jack,

I went to see my Aunt Colette today. She lives in Garfield Heights. It was a good trip, and she is in great health for 95 years old. Her granddaughter may have cancer, so keep Erin in your prayers. She, Colette, does not know it though. I was shocked beyond all belief when I read her graduation card to me... my aunt gave me $50. Lilia, her Ukranian maid, gave her a shower, and then we went downstairs to a cook-out thing they were doing. I felt bad eating the hamburger because it was pink in the middle.

After visiting Colette, we drove back to Ashtabula, and Grandma went to a hair appointment. I took a nap, we ate dinner, and then I went to visit my Ex-Sister-In-Law Terry and my nephews Joe and Kris. They have really grown up. Kris is going to be a heart breaker... has the dimples and blue eyes. They've been getting into trouble. I'm told that mostly it's been Joey, but Kris too. Both are on house arrest for breaking and entering, although Kris swears he was trying to get Joey and his friends out of the house. Who knows for sure. I did have a good time with them, although it was Kris who spent the most time with me. We played Chess and talked about goals and life and stuff like that. He says he wants to be a cop, and is taking an joint-enrollment class on law. He says if that falls through he wants to be trained as a hairdresser. Hairdresser? Then he gave a "gay acting" display of how he would be... and now I wonder. He also said he's giving up on girls, he had one in middle school, and they just seem "too damned expensive."

Regardless he exhibited very mature discussion and thought. Joey did too, but was not as keyed at visiting. I don't think he has the patience to just sit and talk. He does look like his father, before big Joe gained weight. Terry was also proud to show that she got a degree in dentistry assistance. For a long time she has been working at this, and now she has something that will really move her forward. Joey is getting a job at Burger King in Ashtabula. All in all, it was a good visit.

No comments: