04 May 2004

WF Retreat

Dear Jack,
I just got back from the WF retreat in Charleston. It was pretty sweet. We had ten of us there, and we stayed in an old house behind Scots Presbyterian. Caleb, C.J., Josh and I rode up and got there around 4:15 on Friday. We waited till James R. got there before we headed out to shop for the weekend. Then we came back and cooked Tacos. Then we played Uno. That night I slept on the floor upstairs, and it sucked. The next day, it was rainy, but we eventually went for a walk around town. I find it amazing how little people can comprehend spatial maps. I can look at a map, then see the place, and not need the map, because it's in my head. I bought a pack fo Bertie Botts Every Flavor Jelly Beans, and nearly died on a Sardine-flavored one. Caleb however had the earthworm.

We then went to the market, and I nearly bought a Stetson hat. Then we walked around before eating at A. W. Shucks. Then we walked some more, ate some ice cream and hung out at the pier. Then back to the house, before it started raining again. I think we watched a movie or played a game, I can't remember. I slept on a couch downstairs this time.

Sunday we woke up early. James S., Buzz W., and I went to the Circular Church to attend an Iona service. It was pretty cool. Then we attended the Presbyterian church service at Scots. It wasn't as good, but wasn't too bad. The preaching was sort of shotty, and shallow. Afterwards we took naps and then went to the beach. Caleb and I constructed a sand castle, Avalon, as the sea foam surrounded it and made it look like a castle in the clouds.

We then came back and I made spaghetti for everyone. They all seemed to like it. We then watched Lost in Translation. It was a bit drawn out, but had a good meaning behind it. Then we went to bed. Today was simple.. get up, clean, and leave. I'm now back at PC for the week... leading to graduation. I'm nervous. I sing on graduation.

No comments: