Dear Jack,
I am not wholly certain I understand the big deal people seem to be making regarding the government listening in on our conversations. Thinking back to the era of the 50s, 60s, and 70s sitcoms, I recall many shows in which the switch board operator would listen to the conversations of people. What was always the moral? Don't assume no one is listening. For all intensive purposes, I would guess people from our local phone companies could hear our conversations. They however are not given the charge by the people to protect the people.
So the government has to/has been/will be listening on to conversations...unless one has something to be hiding, what does it matter? I can't see President Bush eavesdropping on my phone conversations with Michael. Most likely those bugged, are those whom have some questionable character and for the safety of national security, probably should be watched.
In addition, people are so concerned about phones--yet on the internet it is very capable to see what websites and emails are accessed by an individual. So Mr. and Mrs. America, what are you fearing? What infringement on your liberties is there? Suggestion, don't talk about your plots to overthrow the government and establish a new world order on the telephone, and you'll have nothing to worry about. Seriously--people think that they must be the Hot Stuff to think anyone cares about their mundane conversations.
Anyway, enough of that rant.



No comments:
Post a Comment