Dear Jack,
Today Michael and I got two helpings of church. We sing with the St. Bart's Singers at the early 9 AM service. The sermon was sort of boring, a good message, but poorly delivered. The preacher talked about people realizing that they have gifts given at birth and given by the Spirit and that they are true gifts, not earned or worked for. One point made was that today's society has trouble understanding gifts. That we take our learned skills and think that a gift must be equally learned or earned.
After that service we went to the second service because Michael liked the music we heard that choir practicing for that service. Although I was a bit tired, and a little hungry, I agreed to stay. In a way it was good, as not being a leader in music, I find it easier to worship privately. We then took the tour of St. Bart's given to guests each Sunday. It was fairly interesting.
Last night we saw "The New World" staring Colin Farrell, but it wasn't that good.
Other than that, I have a mild migraine headache, but I am functioning.



No comments:
Post a Comment