Dear Jack,
Tea was held at the Old Parson’s Hotel. It was way down the road north of The Eagle and Child. I personally thought it was overpriced for tea. So I ordered a Hot Chocolate. Afterwards we gathered in the lawn at Corpus Christi where we were served champagne by the head of the dining facilities. We had roast for dinner served with wine. I wasn’t crazy about the Sauvignon, as I am a sweet wine connoisseur.
Following dinner, all of us, but Rob and William B.(the latter went to bed), went to The Turf Pub. It is located in an ally near the Radcliff Camera. Grace M. was the big instigator of the gathering. We invaded a section of the pub. I ordered a Port. We sat and chatted for a while. A portion stayed inside the Pub, while a group of us stayed outside on the picnic tables. Eventually all joined us outside. I cannot say there was much deep conversation. The majority of it focused around the fact that Jacob H. was smoking a cigar. Many people made sure to get his photo. There were a lot of photos being taken. I felt honored in the rare cases where I was asked to be apart of the picture. Grace insisted on buying a drink for me, so I ordered another Port. She said, “After this, we can go to The Castle again.” I hoped she was right. However I knew in my heart we would not go. At 11 when the pub closed, we left en masse to find another pub which is open till 2. I knew the Castle was open. The group split... many heading back to C. C. C. so as to pack. The few of us that remained headed to the pub that was supposedly open (not the Castle). We found out that pub, however, had a cover charge. So we headed in another direction (I hoping for the Castle). Instead we ran into Drew and Alison R. There was some argument going on between the two of them. Ali stormed off, and Drew joined our crew. “Damn,” I thought, “Now we’re definitely not going to The Castle.” We headed to The Rose. It was filled, so we headed back to C. C. C. Drew headed to bed. Matt Kay and I were left to enter the courtyard to check our emails in the library. As we entered the court yard, we overheard yelling and screaming coming from Grace’s window. It was Ali. Grace had gone after her. I headed up with Matt to see what was going on. Adriana met us at the top of the stair to explain the deal.
According to Ali, Drew had said something to her for a practical joke--well supposedly he yelled and cursed at her. She felt hurt and confronted him, and they blew up at each other. About this time, Matt and I see Drew at the bottom of the stairs coming up them. Matt and I tried to wave him away, but he would not listen. He got to the top, and Adriana told him he better leave now.
He left. He followed directions... well Ali got upset cause he didn’t come in to talk to her, yet really that was what he had planned on doing, from appearances. Eventually Grace and I ended up with Ali, trying to calm her down. She had it in her mind to confront Drew. Now I know for a fact things would have turned out differently had both been sober... but with both Ali and Drew drunk... neither would be thinking correctly. Grace and I tried to convince Ali to just wait for the night. She wouldn’t hear of it and stormed down the stairs to confront Drew. Meanwhile, Adriana had gone to talk with Drew. I came downstairs to find a crew of people unsure of what’s going on. Drew came out of a different direction and denied all parts of his involvement. This sort of ticked me off. He had been apart regardless of to what degree. He tried to push it all onto Ali. Now I wasn’t there, but I know that it takes two to tango. I said nothing other than, “Be careful, the women are looking for you.”
I met up with Matt again and we headed out into the street to head back to Magpie. On the way we ran into Ali waiting for Drew to come and chat with her. Matt went to bed, Adriana and I stayed off to the side and chatted... and Drew and Ali had an all out yelling match outside Oriel College. Eventually all went to bed.
I slept little, as I had been conditioning myself for the trip home. I woke up, took a shower (used William Brrss’ shampoo as he offered), and then took my things to the courtyard to await our departure. The bus driver was very nice, and good looking. He drove up to the college. Grace and I shared a seat on the way to Gatwick. The line at Gatwick was long and warm. British Airways handed out bottled water for us. Eventually through, we went to the gate. I sat in seat 30H next to an old black man and his Irish wife. He was a nasty talking grump. Behind me was a 5 year old cry-baby who wined the entire trip back. I thought I was going to go insane. I watched Finding Nemo for the second time. It’s a pretty good movie dealing with letting go of those whom you love so they can grow up. I think it is one of Pixar’s best, so far. At the airport in Atlanta we waited for a long time in a cow-pen line. I got through without a hitch.
I couldn’t find my dad at the baggage claim however. This disturbed me as it was an hour after my landing, and he should have been there by then. Turns out he went to the wrong terminal and was about to leave, when we happened upon each other in the Atrium. We came home and chatted along the way. I was surprised to learn his approval of the gay bishop. He doesn’t “think fagots and queers are normal, but they need to be allowed in church anyways.” Now I don’t want to even un-package that statement nor my reaction to it.
At home we watched a DVD-- Bringing Down the House staring Steve Martin and Queen Latifah. I must admit Queen Latifah is becoming one of my favorite actresses. Along with Rene Zelwigger. Midway through the movie we got a very unique phone call.
“Hello, I received a letter from you in the mail, and I replied to you through email, but I wasn’t sure when you were going to check it, so I looked up your phone number,” said the caller.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about,” my Dad.
“Well, the letter says that you’re my big brother, and that you’ve got our father...”
“OH OH OH OH. YEAH!!!!”
Turns out that my uncle hand run across a letter addressed to my great aunt from my half-aunt Lynda. See, my grandpa Day was married to my Grandmother, Marilyn. He was an abusive drunk and left her. They divorced, and he married a Jeanie Miller and had two children... Lynda and Lisa. Well with him not keeping in contact with the family, we never knew my aunts. After finding him again, and reconnecting with his sister and nephews in LA, we were able to track down Lynda and Lisa. Lynda wants to come out and meet us. They live in Missouri.
Tea was held at the Old Parson’s Hotel. It was way down the road north of The Eagle and Child. I personally thought it was overpriced for tea. So I ordered a Hot Chocolate. Afterwards we gathered in the lawn at Corpus Christi where we were served champagne by the head of the dining facilities. We had roast for dinner served with wine. I wasn’t crazy about the Sauvignon, as I am a sweet wine connoisseur.
Following dinner, all of us, but Rob and William B.(the latter went to bed), went to The Turf Pub. It is located in an ally near the Radcliff Camera. Grace M. was the big instigator of the gathering. We invaded a section of the pub. I ordered a Port. We sat and chatted for a while. A portion stayed inside the Pub, while a group of us stayed outside on the picnic tables. Eventually all joined us outside. I cannot say there was much deep conversation. The majority of it focused around the fact that Jacob H. was smoking a cigar. Many people made sure to get his photo. There were a lot of photos being taken. I felt honored in the rare cases where I was asked to be apart of the picture. Grace insisted on buying a drink for me, so I ordered another Port. She said, “After this, we can go to The Castle again.” I hoped she was right. However I knew in my heart we would not go. At 11 when the pub closed, we left en masse to find another pub which is open till 2. I knew the Castle was open. The group split... many heading back to C. C. C. so as to pack. The few of us that remained headed to the pub that was supposedly open (not the Castle). We found out that pub, however, had a cover charge. So we headed in another direction (I hoping for the Castle). Instead we ran into Drew and Alison R. There was some argument going on between the two of them. Ali stormed off, and Drew joined our crew. “Damn,” I thought, “Now we’re definitely not going to The Castle.” We headed to The Rose. It was filled, so we headed back to C. C. C. Drew headed to bed. Matt Kay and I were left to enter the courtyard to check our emails in the library. As we entered the court yard, we overheard yelling and screaming coming from Grace’s window. It was Ali. Grace had gone after her. I headed up with Matt to see what was going on. Adriana met us at the top of the stair to explain the deal.
According to Ali, Drew had said something to her for a practical joke--well supposedly he yelled and cursed at her. She felt hurt and confronted him, and they blew up at each other. About this time, Matt and I see Drew at the bottom of the stairs coming up them. Matt and I tried to wave him away, but he would not listen. He got to the top, and Adriana told him he better leave now.
He left. He followed directions... well Ali got upset cause he didn’t come in to talk to her, yet really that was what he had planned on doing, from appearances. Eventually Grace and I ended up with Ali, trying to calm her down. She had it in her mind to confront Drew. Now I know for a fact things would have turned out differently had both been sober... but with both Ali and Drew drunk... neither would be thinking correctly. Grace and I tried to convince Ali to just wait for the night. She wouldn’t hear of it and stormed down the stairs to confront Drew. Meanwhile, Adriana had gone to talk with Drew. I came downstairs to find a crew of people unsure of what’s going on. Drew came out of a different direction and denied all parts of his involvement. This sort of ticked me off. He had been apart regardless of to what degree. He tried to push it all onto Ali. Now I wasn’t there, but I know that it takes two to tango. I said nothing other than, “Be careful, the women are looking for you.”
I met up with Matt again and we headed out into the street to head back to Magpie. On the way we ran into Ali waiting for Drew to come and chat with her. Matt went to bed, Adriana and I stayed off to the side and chatted... and Drew and Ali had an all out yelling match outside Oriel College. Eventually all went to bed.
I slept little, as I had been conditioning myself for the trip home. I woke up, took a shower (used William Brrss’ shampoo as he offered), and then took my things to the courtyard to await our departure. The bus driver was very nice, and good looking. He drove up to the college. Grace and I shared a seat on the way to Gatwick. The line at Gatwick was long and warm. British Airways handed out bottled water for us. Eventually through, we went to the gate. I sat in seat 30H next to an old black man and his Irish wife. He was a nasty talking grump. Behind me was a 5 year old cry-baby who wined the entire trip back. I thought I was going to go insane. I watched Finding Nemo for the second time. It’s a pretty good movie dealing with letting go of those whom you love so they can grow up. I think it is one of Pixar’s best, so far. At the airport in Atlanta we waited for a long time in a cow-pen line. I got through without a hitch.
I couldn’t find my dad at the baggage claim however. This disturbed me as it was an hour after my landing, and he should have been there by then. Turns out he went to the wrong terminal and was about to leave, when we happened upon each other in the Atrium. We came home and chatted along the way. I was surprised to learn his approval of the gay bishop. He doesn’t “think fagots and queers are normal, but they need to be allowed in church anyways.” Now I don’t want to even un-package that statement nor my reaction to it.
At home we watched a DVD-- Bringing Down the House staring Steve Martin and Queen Latifah. I must admit Queen Latifah is becoming one of my favorite actresses. Along with Rene Zelwigger. Midway through the movie we got a very unique phone call.
“Hello, I received a letter from you in the mail, and I replied to you through email, but I wasn’t sure when you were going to check it, so I looked up your phone number,” said the caller.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about,” my Dad.
“Well, the letter says that you’re my big brother, and that you’ve got our father...”
“OH OH OH OH. YEAH!!!!”
Turns out that my uncle hand run across a letter addressed to my great aunt from my half-aunt Lynda. See, my grandpa Day was married to my Grandmother, Marilyn. He was an abusive drunk and left her. They divorced, and he married a Jeanie Miller and had two children... Lynda and Lisa. Well with him not keeping in contact with the family, we never knew my aunts. After finding him again, and reconnecting with his sister and nephews in LA, we were able to track down Lynda and Lisa. Lynda wants to come out and meet us. They live in Missouri.



No comments:
Post a Comment