18 August 2003

Hausers are Gone

Dear Jack,

The picnic went well. We got pictures and have plans for getting together for Thanksgiving this year. I cannot wait.

With the election of Gene Robinson as bishop of New Hampshire, there have been already a few draw backs. First of all we have 10 families who have left St. Simon’s. I don’t know how many have left All Saints’... hopefully not any as the church is already small. Our choir director, Heather H., along with half the choir make up the majority of the families. It did not surprise me that the people who left did so. Many, the Hausers specifically, were looking for reasons to leave. If this is the reason, so be it. I was asked to help with the anthem. I did a piano version of “Shout to the Lord” with my father and Paige H. singing. It went rather well with only minimal mistakes. We did have a few new faces, and I am sure they were people trying on our church for size after hearing of our openness towards gays and lesbians.

No comments: