03 August 2003

Stokes Complaints

Dear Jack,

I did not sleep at all last night. My mind was on a frenzy of topics and would not shut down. Specifically recall anger at Dr. Stokes for not allowing me to sing the solo he assigned me during Choir tour. He seemed to have changed his mind on the trip, and had another person sing it instead. This really upset me then, but I held it in cause I was concerned about Daniel's well being at the time... although Daniel was upset with Stokes for that at the time too. Still now it has hit me. Why the hell did he assign the damned thing to me if he didn't intend for me to sing it? Was this part of his ideas of getting back at me for making him have to bring me? I don't know. It doesn't help as I consider changing majors this very minute. I also thought about Figs and Thistles. It really pisses me off that the CD with the work on it got lost. I am sure it reflects very poorly on me, although I had no control over it. I have most of it redone, but have a few more things to go. I questioned whether or not it would be published though. I don't know how things work, as it's a new year. And even more disturbing to me is that I don't know if I'll end up getting paid. I suppose not, but do not know how to even approach the conversation with Ramsey.

The buses did not run so we had to take a cab. Getting tight on cash did not make me feel at ease about this. Luckily all worked out. We stayed at the train station in Edinburgh for way too long. The train ride back was not a bad ride. I slept a good portion of it. The only complaint I had was the smell of some of those with whom I rode with... the English riders. My nose is too sensitive at times.

For dinner a group of us ate at the India Garden. I had a very tasty Vindaloo.. or something like that. Quite spicy, but yummy. We came back, I checked my email, and then headed to bed.

No comments: