Dear Jack,
Ok, so a lot has happened, Jack. First of all I left on Wednesday with Joy to Alabama. She wanted some time to hang out before she headed off to college at the University of West Georgia. Her mom, Wanda, was none too happy about Joy’s taking over of her life and dictating her own schedule. Although, deep down, I believe Wanda is happy and very proud of Joy. Joy is not only taking initiative but also control of her life. It makes me so proud of her as a friend and “adopted” brother. She and I hung out on Thursday, and she did most of her packing. We chatted as usual. She has been such a good friend to me. It is a shame she’s not a guy. I loaded her Jeep on Friday morning. The two of us rode ahead of Wanda and Jim to the college. Joy was nervous... she only showed it when we pulled into the parking lot. I gave her a nudge, and she took charge. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. We were mostly moved in when her parents showed up. And to be true to their word, they did not have her escort them around the college. They were like two different people from when we took Joy to Wingate two years earlier. It was all a positive experience for me. Joy then drove me home to Conyers.
One thing I must mention, for it is of the utmost importance. Joy and I have made a pact with each other to work on improving ourselves. We measured all aspects of our bodies and set goals along with plans on how to reach these goals. We also examined our personal and spiritual health, and how we need to improve on these. Thus you will hear about this as we continue on this new journey together.
When I got home, I helped clean the house as quickly as possible, for, to our luck, Lynda and her family were scheduled to arrive from Missouri that night.
Unfortunately, they did not arrive until 9:30. We waited for them for dinner and headed to IHOP together. Lynda is married to John Hill. They have four children, my cousins: J.C., Landen, Morgan, and Jordan. Lynda has hair like my Dad’s. Tomorrow we have planned a picnic with them. I am to be the chef. They are going to get my Granddad from the nursing home and bring him to meet his daughter and grandchildren.
Ok, so a lot has happened, Jack. First of all I left on Wednesday with Joy to Alabama. She wanted some time to hang out before she headed off to college at the University of West Georgia. Her mom, Wanda, was none too happy about Joy’s taking over of her life and dictating her own schedule. Although, deep down, I believe Wanda is happy and very proud of Joy. Joy is not only taking initiative but also control of her life. It makes me so proud of her as a friend and “adopted” brother. She and I hung out on Thursday, and she did most of her packing. We chatted as usual. She has been such a good friend to me. It is a shame she’s not a guy. I loaded her Jeep on Friday morning. The two of us rode ahead of Wanda and Jim to the college. Joy was nervous... she only showed it when we pulled into the parking lot. I gave her a nudge, and she took charge. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. We were mostly moved in when her parents showed up. And to be true to their word, they did not have her escort them around the college. They were like two different people from when we took Joy to Wingate two years earlier. It was all a positive experience for me. Joy then drove me home to Conyers.
One thing I must mention, for it is of the utmost importance. Joy and I have made a pact with each other to work on improving ourselves. We measured all aspects of our bodies and set goals along with plans on how to reach these goals. We also examined our personal and spiritual health, and how we need to improve on these. Thus you will hear about this as we continue on this new journey together.
When I got home, I helped clean the house as quickly as possible, for, to our luck, Lynda and her family were scheduled to arrive from Missouri that night.
Unfortunately, they did not arrive until 9:30. We waited for them for dinner and headed to IHOP together. Lynda is married to John Hill. They have four children, my cousins: J.C., Landen, Morgan, and Jordan. Lynda has hair like my Dad’s. Tomorrow we have planned a picnic with them. I am to be the chef. They are going to get my Granddad from the nursing home and bring him to meet his daughter and grandchildren.



No comments:
Post a Comment