Dear Jack,
Ok, so I will write about the week. I got up on Monday and all was packed up and ready to go. We drove to Presbyterian College, my mother and I. We got here around 1:30, and I went to Public Safety to get a new ID card. I then went to Res. Life to get my room key. For two hours or so I unpacked the van with my mom. Luckily my new dorm room has an elevator outside it. Caleb arrived around 3:30 and he and unloaded his and my stuff. James was already moved in. He showed up a bit later. I had to go meet Chellie W. for some international stuff, but was unable to reach her. I ended up cooking spaghetti for Caleb, James, Leiann, Tavia, and Laurel. It was all good.
Tuesday was spent with Chellie W. I helped her with the students and got to go to George’s for lunch. The new internationals seem friendly, especially Martinez from Lithuania. The Korean girls do not seem to speak English very well. After lunch I took them on a quick tour of the mighty city of Clinton. Five minutes later we arrived back at CIH so they could take some tests. I then headed back to the room so I could do some unpacking. That night Laurel and Leiann (practically inseparable) came over and put in their new DVD, The Lord of the Rings II: The Two Towers. They tended to monopolize the night and I became slightly annoyed. We ordered pizza, but Caleb and I ordered incorrectly and nearly got their wrath. Mid way through the movie Dani and Mo showed up. I think they tried to crash the party, and luckily they succeeded. I chatted with them in my room for a while before they had to return to their dormitory. I then went back into the common room and found that Caleb had been abandoned by the hobbits (as we call Leiann and Laurel from time to time) but Christina Rgrs had appeared. James entered the room and we finished the Two Towers.
Wednesday I woke up and helped Caleb and Westminster Fellowship hand out Popsicles to the new students as they arrived. We were out by 10:30. Caleb and I returned to the dorm to rest before heading to lunch at 11:15. The day was sweltering already. The weather said it was the hottest it has been this summer. Damn Dog-Days. Lunch was a Caesar salad and tomato-basil soup. The WF officers sat with us. After lunch I got some things ready for the organization fair. I made a nice booth for Scots Blue Line and then met Chellie to get the stuff for the Study Abroad booth. The fair wasn’t too bad ‘cept that we were not allowed to take the names of students. They had to remember our organization names and sign up at a booth in one section. This sucked as we were on the edge and many just left after they saw our organization. Thus we did not have many signatures (1).
From there Caleb and I went to mass at All Saints’. Leiann was the lector and I was the chalice bearer. She is going to become an Episcopalian in October. I think this is great and hope I do not harbor jealousy when she starts doing stuff instead of me. After mass we went to the cook out held for the freshmen. And from there we went back to our rooms.
Around 9:30 Caleb, Grace P., and I went to check on the freshmen of Bailey 3rd floor. I want to see if any appear to be gay, and stuff like that. Caleb wants to recruit for WF and Grace wanted to find a friend of hers. When we got there, Grace was afraid to go meet the guys. This became a hassle for me. Eventually we met two freshmen, Josh and Lewis, who seem like friendly blokes. They are both music majors, which means they will be cool friends in the end, I’m sure. I don’t think they are gay though.
From there we went back to our rooms. Upon returning to our flat, Caleb and I found we had been pranked. Our lamps had their light bulbs unscrewed, the TP was missing, stuff was moved from our rooms and put in other rooms, Caleb’s undies were in the icebox, shaving cream was upon our mirrors, and the toilets were occupied by plastic wrap. I knew exactly who did it--Dani and Mo. The big problem was that our liquor was missing also. This meant that Caleb was out $50. We found most things in the apartment but not the booze. Caleb and I hunted down the two pranksters who denied any involvement. We came home and Caleb contemplated calling Public Safety. Now if he did that, then whoever did it, meaning it to be a joke, would be in violation of the Honor Council, and could be suspended. Eventually I got Leiann and Laurel to come over and help me convince Caleb to hold off. They luckily, found the alcohol hidden in our luggage.
Today I woke up and went with Mtr. Joye to Greenville. We visited a parishioner named Tibore. He is 71 and from Hungary. Recently he has been diagnosed with cancer in the small intestine. He didn’t seem to be doing too badly, and his spirits were high. We brought communion and chatted for an hour. From there we went to lunch where I ate a nice Reuben. I learned from Mtr. Joye that she had no problem with my sexuality and neither did the church. She was concerned with how things went this past spring though. Luckily all things are getting better. I came home and went to Financial Aide and the Music Department to sign up for appointments. All of that was taken care of, or will be finished taken care of tomorrow. I came back to the dorm and started doing some work. Dani and Gwen came over and I tricked Dani into confession of the prank. She then treated us to a Salmon dinner cooked in our apartment. Caleb came home early from his meetings, but too late for dinner. Dani, Caleb, and I chatted until 10 when we watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. It was pretty good.
Ok, to catch things up on the gay stuff of campus. Apparently Laurel and Leiann were observed kissing in their room by their RA and so there is a chance they may really indeed be Lesbians. They have previously denied it, but the RA came asking advice on how to handle the situation, as it would be the same as having a guy and girl living with each other. I don’t think anything should be done yet. It turns out that a guy named Jeff S. from choir came out to some of his friends over the summer. He has plans of possibly doing so here this year. It is a shame we are not each others types. Other than that, I think I’m a lone. But who knows, it’s only day 2 for the freshmen, and who knows what the future may bring.
Ok, so I will write about the week. I got up on Monday and all was packed up and ready to go. We drove to Presbyterian College, my mother and I. We got here around 1:30, and I went to Public Safety to get a new ID card. I then went to Res. Life to get my room key. For two hours or so I unpacked the van with my mom. Luckily my new dorm room has an elevator outside it. Caleb arrived around 3:30 and he and unloaded his and my stuff. James was already moved in. He showed up a bit later. I had to go meet Chellie W. for some international stuff, but was unable to reach her. I ended up cooking spaghetti for Caleb, James, Leiann, Tavia, and Laurel. It was all good.
Tuesday was spent with Chellie W. I helped her with the students and got to go to George’s for lunch. The new internationals seem friendly, especially Martinez from Lithuania. The Korean girls do not seem to speak English very well. After lunch I took them on a quick tour of the mighty city of Clinton. Five minutes later we arrived back at CIH so they could take some tests. I then headed back to the room so I could do some unpacking. That night Laurel and Leiann (practically inseparable) came over and put in their new DVD, The Lord of the Rings II: The Two Towers. They tended to monopolize the night and I became slightly annoyed. We ordered pizza, but Caleb and I ordered incorrectly and nearly got their wrath. Mid way through the movie Dani and Mo showed up. I think they tried to crash the party, and luckily they succeeded. I chatted with them in my room for a while before they had to return to their dormitory. I then went back into the common room and found that Caleb had been abandoned by the hobbits (as we call Leiann and Laurel from time to time) but Christina Rgrs had appeared. James entered the room and we finished the Two Towers.
Wednesday I woke up and helped Caleb and Westminster Fellowship hand out Popsicles to the new students as they arrived. We were out by 10:30. Caleb and I returned to the dorm to rest before heading to lunch at 11:15. The day was sweltering already. The weather said it was the hottest it has been this summer. Damn Dog-Days. Lunch was a Caesar salad and tomato-basil soup. The WF officers sat with us. After lunch I got some things ready for the organization fair. I made a nice booth for Scots Blue Line and then met Chellie to get the stuff for the Study Abroad booth. The fair wasn’t too bad ‘cept that we were not allowed to take the names of students. They had to remember our organization names and sign up at a booth in one section. This sucked as we were on the edge and many just left after they saw our organization. Thus we did not have many signatures (1).
From there Caleb and I went to mass at All Saints’. Leiann was the lector and I was the chalice bearer. She is going to become an Episcopalian in October. I think this is great and hope I do not harbor jealousy when she starts doing stuff instead of me. After mass we went to the cook out held for the freshmen. And from there we went back to our rooms.
Around 9:30 Caleb, Grace P., and I went to check on the freshmen of Bailey 3rd floor. I want to see if any appear to be gay, and stuff like that. Caleb wants to recruit for WF and Grace wanted to find a friend of hers. When we got there, Grace was afraid to go meet the guys. This became a hassle for me. Eventually we met two freshmen, Josh and Lewis, who seem like friendly blokes. They are both music majors, which means they will be cool friends in the end, I’m sure. I don’t think they are gay though.
From there we went back to our rooms. Upon returning to our flat, Caleb and I found we had been pranked. Our lamps had their light bulbs unscrewed, the TP was missing, stuff was moved from our rooms and put in other rooms, Caleb’s undies were in the icebox, shaving cream was upon our mirrors, and the toilets were occupied by plastic wrap. I knew exactly who did it--Dani and Mo. The big problem was that our liquor was missing also. This meant that Caleb was out $50. We found most things in the apartment but not the booze. Caleb and I hunted down the two pranksters who denied any involvement. We came home and Caleb contemplated calling Public Safety. Now if he did that, then whoever did it, meaning it to be a joke, would be in violation of the Honor Council, and could be suspended. Eventually I got Leiann and Laurel to come over and help me convince Caleb to hold off. They luckily, found the alcohol hidden in our luggage.
Today I woke up and went with Mtr. Joye to Greenville. We visited a parishioner named Tibore. He is 71 and from Hungary. Recently he has been diagnosed with cancer in the small intestine. He didn’t seem to be doing too badly, and his spirits were high. We brought communion and chatted for an hour. From there we went to lunch where I ate a nice Reuben. I learned from Mtr. Joye that she had no problem with my sexuality and neither did the church. She was concerned with how things went this past spring though. Luckily all things are getting better. I came home and went to Financial Aide and the Music Department to sign up for appointments. All of that was taken care of, or will be finished taken care of tomorrow. I came back to the dorm and started doing some work. Dani and Gwen came over and I tricked Dani into confession of the prank. She then treated us to a Salmon dinner cooked in our apartment. Caleb came home early from his meetings, but too late for dinner. Dani, Caleb, and I chatted until 10 when we watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. It was pretty good.
Ok, to catch things up on the gay stuff of campus. Apparently Laurel and Leiann were observed kissing in their room by their RA and so there is a chance they may really indeed be Lesbians. They have previously denied it, but the RA came asking advice on how to handle the situation, as it would be the same as having a guy and girl living with each other. I don’t think anything should be done yet. It turns out that a guy named Jeff S. from choir came out to some of his friends over the summer. He has plans of possibly doing so here this year. It is a shame we are not each others types. Other than that, I think I’m a lone. But who knows, it’s only day 2 for the freshmen, and who knows what the future may bring.



No comments:
Post a Comment