18 November 2003

Cha-a-a-ap

Dear Jack,
Let's see. I had class, ate lunch (chicken patty), and then class, and now I'm at work. There's nothing really spectacular today. I met a cool girl who appeared to be after Justin, but doesn't seem to be after him anymore. Her name is Anna and she is very passionate about educating youth about sex and drugs. I gave her Wylie's number as he has been involved in educating people in the Laurens area about sex. Justin was at home last night. We chatted for awhile online. He had a bad connection with his dail-up, though. I actually felt like I missed him being around. It was strange cause I had seen him on Saturday night. It doesn't look like we'll catch up with each other today other than online too. I will survive. I hope. I may sneak over and visit when no one's looking though ;-).

Things I have to do. Papers for Hobbie. Got to get the simple ones done and/or turned in. Oh, as I type this I'm watching the Schwarzenegger innauguration. Right now there is a woman singing the national anthem very poorly...too...umm...Tony Braxton sounding. She also needs to smile. Oopse...it was Vanessa Williams...my bad. I knew she looked familiar.

Damn it I got side-tracked. What was I saying? Oh things I need to get done. Now they have kids saying hte pledge... with the typical "I'm-A-Cute-Kid" voice. ZZZZZ...
Yeah, back to the things I need to get done. I need to get tickets for the Christmas Concert. ANd I need to tell my f riends to do the same. OMG...Maria Schreiber just called Maya Angelou... Maya Angelow. I hope it was the accent.

Karen seems to be going through a lot this semester. Oh they have sign language too going on during the program too... neat.

Prayers: Karen, Chris G. (He's becoming a Moravian), Whilden, Wetherell, Grace, Dani, Grandma H., Grandma P., Dad, the Church.

I haven't heard of anything really happening with the Church yet. I know people are pissed about the bishop, but I have not heard of any official actions. An Episcopal priest said the prayer for the innauguration of Schwarzenegger.

Today, I plan on going to choirs, and then dinner with Lisa and friends to celebrate her birthday. She's 22. OH the goose shat on her blanket while she was sitting on it yesterday. Last night we made cookies for her and took them down to her (well I made the cookies... but the roommates came with me). She seemed rather happy about it all. She's a pretty cool girl. A fax is arriving now. I've never seen one actually happen like that. Clapping on the tv. The International Office and SCIS has a big plasma screen TV...thus why I'm watching the innauguration...they keep it on CNN all the time. He is now taking his oath of office. Now he's governor of California. Woo hoop. It means diddly to me.

I have decided I'm not much of a politician. I mean it really doesn't seem to be interresting to me. I have my views, and think they are decent... not necessarily more correct than anothers. Now I am not an existentialist in thinking that mine do not apply to anyone but me, rather I think there is a standard, and I nor anyone else has yet reached it, or if they have, we have not realized it. And it is that Standard which our morality is set. We had that standard but have fallen from it. And I think that there are people all over who are close to the standard, but many are not. And that is all relative, as some people have aspects in their philosophies which are closer to the standard, yet morals that are far from it. And these designations by me are arbitrary as not all philosophies one holds is equally distanced to the standard. I do think that as a society we are coming closer to the standard which I feel is full inclusion and love for all people, respecting everyone's dignity. But there again, it is only an aspect of the greater picture.

"The State of California is in a state of crisis." Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

La de deee... bored out of my mind. At least he is interresting to listen to. Acent's are cool. I especially like Justin's slight southern accent. I like it when he says Chap real slow and drawn out... it's sooo cute.

No comments: