25 November 2003

No Power, No Hot Water

Dear Jack,
Today has started off horridly. First I was up late working on my papers. Second I figured at 3:30 that I could go to bed and get up at 5:40 for the Alpha Psi Omega new members pre-initiation. Unfortunately at 7:30, when I woke up, I learned my alarm had been set for the evening. So I reset it for 9:05 so that I could sleep some more. Well I made sure it was AM, and went to sleep. I woke up around 12:40. Appearently the power went out. In speaking with Caleb it went out around 9 o'clock for a half an hour. He and Kevin had just stepped off the elevator and the power went dead. Well this means I missed both of my classes today. So I tried to turn on my computer, and it won't turn on. I have three papers for Philosophy due today that I can't seem to get to now. So I thought, "Hell I'll get a shower and go to lunch." There was no hot water. Not even mildly warm. IT WAS ALL FREAKING ICE COLD. I had to wash my hair in icy water. It was icy. I felt ice chips. I went to lunch, saw Justin, but his table was full, so I sat with the Cheat and William. We had a decent lunch, then the Cheat left. Justin and his crew left too, so I didn't get to come say hey, cept Lewis who came over to finish his ice cream with William and I. We discussed the Masons, the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia, and the Exodus to the Land of Midian in Saudi Arabia. Then somehow we started talking about liturgical clothing. It was rather interresting, and William kept my napkin diagrams. I am told I am a nerd on the subjects.

Now I am at work, with nothing to do... as is common at work for Chellie. And since I am unsure as to when I will be able to access a computer, I am doing my blog now. I am supposed to go to Chapel Choir and PC Choir. At 6 I am meeting Caleb and Allen Buice outside Edmunds and we're going to dinner. That should be a pleasant change. At 9 I also have a sectional. I hope I get to see Justin in all that, but if not, I will not be at a great loss, as I know he needs time to be with his friends and "me time".

No comments: