19 November 2003

Dont' take Kevin's Food Away!

Dear Jack,
Last night Justin came by. I was working on an adaptation of Noel Nouvelet. He came by to study and I think did some of his Spanish homework. Regardless we were able to spend some good quality time with each other. I do have a few regrets. Regret one, I hope i didn't delay him from doing any more homework. I don't want to not be able to hang out because of homework. I'd like to work it where we can do homework together without being distractions to each other. I fear I may have been a distraction. I got done what i needed to get done, but I don't know on him. I also am regretful that I kept him out so late. I felt really bad with him walking home at 2 in the morning by himself. He doesn't feel comfortable staying over all the time because of my roommate and the shower. He doesn't want to take a shower when they want to. Plus he says he doesn't like people seeing him before he showers (assuming he were to walk to his room to shower in the morning). I know I had a good time and was glad he came over. I have discovered something he likes... massages... especially his feet. I can handle that. I also like giving massages on his hands... and he did it for me the other night at Matt's. I nearly cried... no one has given me that sort of treatment before. I don't know if I can handle someone caring about my joys and pleasures like this. It's not a bad thing, just something I am terrified to deal with. I fear it may all be just a lie and pretense, or that it will end. I know all things come to an end... but I hope this lasts for a while.

I sang with the chapel choir today at the worship service done by the campus. The best part, other than the guest preacher, was the liturgical dance. Now for my soap box. I have decied the biggest problem with Christianity in the modern time is that it is for dummies. There is hardly anyone willing to look deeper than the superficial and see the mystical and liturgical side of what it means to worship God. I think this is why so many mystical religions are gaining members from the Christian faith. They fill a void which has been lost by modern thought in our Western Religion. The Orthodox Church hasn't lost this. There is still mysticism, meditation, working of the Holy Spirit in everyday life. It is almost similar to the eastern religions in that manner. In regards to the liturgical churches we have now... ANglican, Lutheran, Catholic. Education on what the hell everything means is nearly non-existent. Thus the liturgy has become dead. Furthermore if i hear another fucking prayer that has "Father God, we just want to thank you for the beautiful day, Lord, and for the earth which you, Father, have created for us, Lord God. ANd we just want to lift up your name Father God, to the heavens, Lord, so that you, Father, will be rembered, Lord God." CAN WE CHRISTIANS NOT SPEAK FREAKING ENGLISH? Have our grammar skills and originality of thought abandoned Christ for Islam? It is no wonder people think Christians are ignorant. WE ARE. I, not one who accepts this, vow to work this out... to stop mindless wanderings of words whilst worshiping God. To teach what it means to have liturgy and mysticism, and PASSION during worship. I am so deadened by the idea of singing "Hallelujah" without anyone believing what the hell it is they sing. If it is a Hallelujah, then damn it let me know it is... I mean we sing our hymns as if we were getting our teeth pulled whilst hitting a daft Kentucky cow with a broken lawn mower. What has worship come to????? "I don't like the preacher... so I am not going to worship God." Well that's a good reason to not worship.... grumble grumble... Ok.. I'll get off my soap box.

After class I went to work at SCIS, and had a party. That was a lot of work ;-). Chellie and I then watched some Strong Bad Emails. She likes them. I ate dinner with Caleb and Kevin (the scarfer of food). Seriously, I think Kevin thinks we'll take his food from him... he eats it quicker than my pet pig--and he makes a bigger mess with his never closing mouth. It's worse than watching a pig eat... more like hyenas tearing into rotted flesh. He denies it of course. "What the Fuck are you talking about, I never scarf food." So he says. Silly Kevin. Well, Justin went to dinner with his cool friends from home. Then he's gone to study with Whilden. After I go to the Piscataway Song and Dance thing, I'm going to join them. At 10 is the Season Premier of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy, and that should be fun. We're watching it as a Spectrum group in Inklings. I hope we have people show up.

No comments: